A fully-funded scholarship wil be offered to international students who wish to pursue their master’s degree and Ph.D. degree in the United Kingdom for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship for outstanding international students was established in the year 2000. It aims to assist international students struggling with financial barriers to pursuing their higher education.
Every year Gates Cambridge offers 80 full-funded scholarships to exceptional candidates from nations outside the UK to seek a full-time postgraduate certificate in any subject accessible at the University of Cambridge. Roughly 66% of these honors will be proposed to Ph.D. students, with around 25 awards accessible in the US round and 55 accessible in the International round.
There are no less than 225 Researchers from almost 50 countries admitted to Cambridge who seek after the full scope of courses accessible at the university and are spread across its specialties and colleges.
The Cambridge mission is to create a worldwide organization of future pioneers focused on working on the existence of others. It intends to accomplish this mission by choosing exceptional researchers, furnishing them with monetary and non-monetary help at one of the world’s driving colleges, and working with local areas working at Cambridge
The Scholarship History
The scholarship was established in October 2000 with the help of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which donated over $210m to the University of Cambridge and was one of the biggest single donations that the university ever received. The Trust deals with all parts of the Cambridge Grant program. It has a Leading group of ten recognized Legal administrators (two of whom are delegated by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the rest of the College) who meet two times per year to settle on the essential general heading of the program.
Scholarship Provider: University of Cambridge
About the Provider
The University of Cambridge are well known for its history and famous structures that attract every visitor anywhere in the world. The university’s collections and museum hold many fortunes which give an astonishing knowledge into a portion of the insightful exercises, over a significant time span, of the College’s scholastics and students.
The College is one of the world’s most established colleges and leading academic center and a self-represented local area of researchers. Its standing for exceptional academic accomplishment is known overall and mirrors the accomplishment of its students, as well as the top-notch unique research done by the staff of the College and the Schools.
Large numbers of the College’s traditions and uncommon phrasing can be followed to establish the early long stretches of the College’s long history, and this part of their site focuses on the past to find the starting points of much that is unmistakable in the College of today.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Masters and Ph.D. Degree
- Field of Study: NA
- Duration: Two years for the Master’s degree and Three years for the Ph.D. degree
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Country to Study: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Scholarship Courses not Eligible:
- Any Undergraduate degree courses
- (BusD) Business Doctorate
- (MBA) Master of Business
- (MFin) Master of Finance
- Part-time degrees
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree
- Graduate Course in Medicine
To begin with the application, the students must meet the following eligibility requirements for the scholarship:
- All international students who will be admitted to a full-time master’s degree or Ph.D. degree in an eligible course offered by the University of Cambridge are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
- International students must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Applicants must have good academic achievements and can demonstrate their academic excellence.
- Should be able to make strong motivations or cases for a particular degree at the university
- Must be committed to contributing to the community and be able to change other people’s lives and motivations.
- Must be able to demonstrate their leadership skills.
- The applicants must be living in another country at the time of the application.
The applicants must follow the following application process to be able to be considered for the scholarship:
- The students must apply for admission in eligible courses and must be holding an offer to study at the University of Cambridge as part of the funding sections.
- Applicants must access the online portal application provided by the University of Cambridge and build their accounts on the official website and provide their personal information.
- Applicants are required to read all the important notes about the application to be able to complete all the required information needed.
- Answer all the questions in the application.
- Submit the complete application form and required documents.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following:
- Research Proposal
- Personal Statement which outlines why are you interested to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship and if will you be able to meet the criteria, the statement must be composed in no more than 3,000 words.
- Two academic references
Keep in mind that all required documents must be completed, and all incomplete applications will be automatically rejected and will not process for evaluation.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship will be providing the following to successful students:
- University composition fees in at appropriate rates.
- £17,848 maintenance allowance for 12 months for a single student and the Ph.D. beneficiary will be receiving a maintenance allowance for up to four years.
- 1 airfare for both beginning of the course and one at the end of the course.
- Visa fee and Immigration Health Charges
- Up to £2,000 in academic development funds
- Family allowance up to £14,440
- Fieldwork will be offered to the Ph.D. students
- Maternity and Paternity funds
- Hardship Funds
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 30, 2022.