Fully Funded MEXT Japan Scholarships 2023 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Japan Universities . The deadline of the scholarship is Open.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organisation. This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
Application and Selection Process
Fully Funded MEXT Japan Scholarships 2023 is available to undertake Masters level programs at Japan Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- 1.Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2.Be a national of a MEXT designated country
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1988
- 4.Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- The score validity period requirement for the English Proficiency Test Score: Only scores of examinations taken on or after March 24, 2021 will be accepted.
- 1.Submit the APU application by November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment not available. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- 2.APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- 3.Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4.Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- 5.The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.