TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIPS PROJECT
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR PROJECT COORDINATOR
|Job Title||Project Coordinator|
|Reports to||Country Director, Deputy Country Director- Programmes|
|Supervises||Project Officer, Communications Officer, Teaching Assistantship Mentors|
|Employment status||Project Staff|
Inspire, Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) is a Rwandan local Education Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Since 2005, in collaboration with partners, IEE has complemented efforts of the Ministry of Education/ Rwanda Education Board, contributing to educational implementation. IEE designs and delivers innovative programmes to address challenges to provision of quality education.
IEE programmes range from: teacher development training and technical assistance, teaching and learning, curriculum and material development, research and evaluation, education policies and systems reform.
In the context of Mastercard Foundation- funded Leaders in Teaching (LIT) initiative, IEE is implementing the Teaching Assistantships Project (TAP) under the LIT “Recruit” pillar. TAP is aimed at supporting Rwanda with skill-nurturing for passionate young people, with an interest in education, attracting them to join the teaching profession, or support education. Through capacity building and exposure to teaching through teaching assistantships, a young, skilled teaching force could hence be nurtured to contribute to Ministry of Education priorities in the current Education Sector Strategic Plan (2018/19- 2014/25).
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Among other roles, the TAP Coordinator will provide technical oversight to all project activities as well as building capacities and supervising the Project Officer, Communications Officer and Teaching Assistantship Mentors.
- Serve as a senior leader for project design, evaluation, and dissemination across all programmes.
- Developing programmes to support IEE’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term programme goals.
- Organizing programmes and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of IEE.
- Identify capacities needed (skill sets and competencies) to achieve programmatic and organizational goals. Work with senior staff to ensure those capacities are developed or acquired.
- Participate in yearly performance assessments of programme staff, goal setting, and support professional development on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure and direct the development of regular and timely programmatic updates across all programmes to ensure cross-pollination of ideas, knowledge-building, and resource sharing. This includes helping to develop a knowledge management system and supporting processes.
- Facilitate small and large group meetings and trainings, internally and externally.
- Direct continuous learning for project staff.
- Interact with project teams to maintain consistent understanding of project status and deliverables and identify variances and errors, while analyzing programme risks and charting solutions to address them.
- Developing new programmes to support the strategic direction of IEE.
- Developing an evaluation plan to assess programme strengths and lead improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Ensure programmatic excellence through development and implementation of innovative performance and outcomes measures.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project implementation.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programme statuses throughout their life cycles.
- Responsible for overall day-to-day project management, initiating and coordinating all project activities for effective delivery of projects.
- Synthesizing project information to guide effective implementation and producing highly focused project implementation update reports taking into consideration, contextual, policy and logistics related to project implementation.
- Develop, implement and monitor detailed project plans.
- Plan and implement consultation and capacity building activities and meetings with education stakeholders at national and local levels.
- Keep abreast of education policy developments and undertake desk reviews as required.
- Leading on programme communications. Collaborate with the Communications Officer and Country Directorate to generate project information both for media sharing and for reporting.
- Draft project information sheets and reports.
- Collaborate with other Programme Managers as required.
- Undertake any other project management and coordination related activities as may be requested by IEE Management.
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
- A master’s Degree in Education is required.
- The candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 7 years of progressive professional experience working in Education.
- Proven experience in programme management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in project leadership, producing policy papers or equivalent with a proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise reports.
- Strong project management experience including planning, initiating and delivering new initiatives within agreed time scales.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in securing involvement of internal and external stakeholders, planning and facilitating consultation exercises, interviews or fact-finding meetings which result in all relevant information being collected within a limited timeframe.
- Demonstrable teaching experience, contributing to quality learning.
- Demonstrable experience in program Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting.
- Good presenter with experience of presenting complex ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Extremely well-organized multi-tasker.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, goal oriented.
- Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Rwandan nationality.
Work-Based Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Able to analyse and evaluate complex information, including statistics.
- Able to analyse and respond to external developments and identify issues speedily and effectively.
- Ability to clearly accurately articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences. Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and engender trust with diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- Ability to enthuse and engage a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- A broad understanding of school-based mentorship, Training of Trainers and capacity building is an advantage.
- Time management skills, project management skills, and organizational skills. The ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate relevant, emerging and existing evidence-base practices and models.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small team and to work independently.
- Good IT skills including proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations.
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
|Length of contract:||12 months (with possibility of extension) A 3-month probation period is mandatory|
|Travel involved:||This post requires frequent travel to the field|
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 4 position-relevant referees with scanned copies of certificates/diplomas, to The Country Director, Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date of September 25, 2022.
Please place “Project Coordinator” in the subject line of the email when applying.
*Not heeding to this instruction will lead to disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No late application or telephone inquiries will be considered.
IEE upholds commitment to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.