EXCITING JOB AND CAREER OPPORTUNITY- FINANCIAL REPORTING AND TAX ACCOUNTANT
Horizon Group Ltd is an Investment Company with subsidiaries engaged in the various sectors of the Rwandan Economy including Infrastructure Development, Construction, Agriculture, processing and export of Pyrethrum, clearing and Freight Forwarding and Logistics solutions, Production of construction Materials specifically roofing tiles among others.
There is a need for recruitment of highly experienced and competent Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant at Horizon Construction Ltd.
Horizon Construction is Rwanda’s leading local construction company that focuses on infrastructure development. This includes: road construction, housing, energy and water resources Horizon Construction has an established track record of successful completion of quality civil engineering projects across Rwanda.
The Financial Reporting and Tax accountant reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer
- Performs a variety of accounting tasks including but not limited to preparing journal entries, reconciling various balance sheet accounts
- processing and reconciling interfacing sub-systems to the general ledger, and preparing work papers and internal schedule based on financial results
- Responsible for internal and external reporting
- Providing support for the quarterly earnings release process
- Interaction with business unit controllers departments, , other Corporate departments
- Participating in special projects as may arise
- Working with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Control and validate company expense allocations
- Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of appropriate computer technology.
- Review accounting entries to ensure its completeness and accuracy
- Recording all payment transactions, depreciation, Provisions and other adjustments.
- Maintaining prepayment schedules and ensure their reconciliation with accounts.
- Reconciling fixed assets register and accounts, monthly depreciation.
- Ensure the accuracy, compliance of tax payments and booking tax transactions.
- Working with external auditors to perform their audit assignment.
- Production of Management accounts
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Academic Qualification and required experience:
- University degree degree in Finance, Accounting / any other related field or ongoing ACCA
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in the area of finance or accounting
- Following accounting professional course (CPA, ACCA)
- Good organizational skills
- Good reporting skills
- Have an excellent MS Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to organize work independently in an effective manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning financial
- Knowledge of computer applications and basic financial accounting
- Good knowledge of English.
How to Apply
- An Application Letter addressed to the CEO, Horizon Group Ltd
- A Comprehensive CV With three Referees
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Photocopy of Identity Card
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at Horizon email address email@example.com not later than 23rd September 2022 at 5 pm. incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short listed Candidates will be contacted.
In case of any concern, contact +250 788400652
Done at Kigali, 13th September 2022
CEO, Horizon Group Ltd.