Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) is calling for applications for the following vacant position:
POSITION 1: INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS OFFICER (IAO)
- Available position: One (1)
- Supervising Organ: The Vice-Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri
- Duration: Two (2) years renewable upon the performance
Key roles and responsibilities
- Assisting in the processing of all documents relating to incoming and outgoing student and staff exchanges;
- Assisting international students, interns, and staff to regularize their stay in Rwanda (welcome, visa application and regularization, accommodation, check-in, and check-out, induction, etc.);
- Assisting staff with travel and appointment arrangements about abroad visits, both incoming and outgoing;
- Creating collaborative programs about international staff and students and their issues, meetings, and conferences;
- Designing, following up, and implementing developmental and scientific projects in line with the internationalization of the institution;
- Ensuring full availability on campus and regular participation in events and programs involving international staff and students and their issues;
- Ensuring that applicable national and international laws, rules, policies, and procedures are adequately taken into account in matters relating to students’ recruitment, admission, enrollment, attendance, progression, assessment, continuous participation, suspension, and withdrawals;
- Identifying complex problems, and seeking advice on their resolution with appropriate personnel and authorities;
- Keep maintaining records of status and renewals of international staff and students’ documents (visa, work permit, etc.);
- Monitoring international and local students and staff mobility and international mobile researchers;
- Monitoring the international cooperation and networks between INES-Ruhengeri and its partners;
- Providing required communications (offers, confirmation documents, etc.) with particular responsibility for handling inquiries from agents and students from abroad;
- Undertaking marketing and promotion strategies to boost the number of international students enrolling with INES-Ruhengeri;
- Working closely with international organizations in matters related to international movements of people and goods, and
- Producing regular reports related to his/her work;
- Contributing to the sharpening of knowledge through academic and scientific research and consultancy activities, regular publications, workshops, etc., and
- Participating in community services activities.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years of experience in the following areas: Public Relations, International Relations; Marketing, Political Sciences, or any other related discipline;
- Having succeed with first-class or second-class honors the undergraduate studies;
- Having a background in tourism and hospitality is a major advantage.
Skills and Competences
- Proven experience in leadership, and team management;
- Fluency in both English and French;
- Ability to establish effective relationships with staff, students, interns, and researchers from abroad;
- Outstanding communication skills; reflective and critical thinking approach and;
- Ability and willingness to undertake international travels;
- Display calmness under pressure and have a sense of humor.
Note: Local and international candidates are welcome, with priority for females.
How to apply
Detailed Curriculum Vitae with proof of required working experience, certified copies of the degrees, a copy of national identity card or passport, certificates, and any other useful documents with an Application Letter addressed to the Vice-Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically, in one (1) single pdf file via firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com or physically via the Central Secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than October 12, 2022, at 00:00 AM. From October 17, 2022, candidates will be able to visit the institution’s website (www.ines.ac.rw) to find out which candidates have been selected for the interview or practical exams.
Done at Musanze, on September 12, 2022.
Fr. Dr. BARIBESHYA Jean Bosco