– Ensure real-time analysis of Xpert MTB/RIF diagnostic results from nationwide TB diagnostic network;
– Perform specialized TB testing including assays undergoing the validation process at the NRL;
– Ensure coordination of study-related TB testing activities;
– Contribute to the ongoing process of upgrading the Mycobacteriology section towards SRL;
– Contribute to the training of laboratory technicians to ensure quality TB services and systematic collection and analysis of
TB data for continuous surveillance;
– Prepare regular reports related to performed activities;
– Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor within the technical scope of the position.
Job Advertisement Details
- MOH MALARIA ELIMINATION PROGRAMM FOR RUHUHA(MEPR)Biomedical specialistPostedSep 21, 2022DeadlineSep 30, 20221 PostLevel:3.IIApply NowBackJob descriptionMinimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences1 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Field Epidemiology & Laboratory Training Program (FELTP)1 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s medical microbiology1 Year of relevant experience
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Being quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative
- Have strong motivation to submit a PhD proposal for scholarship funding
- You have good organization and communication skills
- Ability to translate technical content and results into formats suitable for various audiences
- Having at least one publication related to infectious diseases in peer-reviewed journal is an asset
- Have a strong interest in the study of pathogen biology and drug resistance evolution. Experience in mycobacteria, molecular biology and genomics is considered an asset.
- Being fluent in academic English (speaking and writing). Knowledge of French is an asset