– Ensure proper reception of samples referred for specialized TB testing at NRL
– Prepare necessary culture media for use in the mycobacteriology testing at NRL & perform all quality control require;
– Process the samples according to the SOPs and applicable study protocol;
– Perform diverse testing including drug susceptibility testing for all samples/isolates confirmed to be Mycobacterium
– Preserve raw sputum samples, leftover of decontaminated sediment, and the isolates from all patients whose TB sample
is referred to NRL;
– Record and share results for patients care according to the TAT per test;
– Contribute to the ongoing process of upgrading the Mycobacteriology section towards SRL;
– Prepare regular reports related to performed activities;
– Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor within the technical scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences3 Years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences3 Years of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Being quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative
- Have good organization and communication skills
- Being fluent in academic English (speaking and writing). Knowledge of French is an asset
- Have at least three-years of experiences working in diagnostic or research in biomedical fields. Experience in mycobacteria testing is considered an asset.