MEY Services Limited is a Management Consulting Firm in Rwanda that provides industry-leading Talent Acquisition, HR Consulting and other related solutions with outstanding service delivery to our clients nationwide.
On behalf of our client in the Ceramic Industry with Head Office in Kimihurura, Gasabo – Kigali, We’re looking for a Sales Manager to join their team as soon as possible. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.
Position Title: Sales Manager – Rwanda
Location(s): CLIENT Head Office, Kigali, Rwanda.
Reporting line(s) and networks: Reports to the Country Lead
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead the positioning of the company’s sales activities in order to capitalise on business opportunities to achieve and sustain sales targets in line with company objectives.
- Contribute as a member of management to CLIENT’s strategic planning and decision-making.
- Maintain a business development plan covering sales, revenue and expense control for existing products and services to support the growth and sustainability of the business.
- Implement the sales plan by working with lead staff to develop sales team action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with sales activities.
- Anticipate emerging issues based on changing supply and demand trends and feedback from the market and propose innovative responses to keep abreast of changes.
Develop and maintain key customer and partner relationships to expand the CLIENT’s customer base and ensure recognition of the product as a preferred water filter product in Rwanda.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to grow sales and expand market penetration, particularly within all sales channels.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting relationships by partnering with senior contacts in Aid organizations, discussing their evolving needs, developing tenders and identifying ways to expand sales in the Aid sector.
- Identify emerging markets, market shifts and potential conflicts, ensuring a timely response to achieve positive outcomes for existing and potential customers.
Complete sales operational requirements by ensuring regular preparation of reports, scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate sales, revenue and expenses reports, analyse trends and results in relation to goals and present realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Maintain data relating to partners, accounts and activities and document key partner interactions.
- Ensure that all reporting of sales metrics is regarded as a priority by sales staff and that accurate and current information is available to reflect business results at all times.
Undertake employee management in order to deliver quality performance outcomes across the sales department.
- Manage, develop, coach, control, and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales targets are met.
- Ensure there is a mechanism in place to monitor individual performance, assess progress and provide feedback to support individual development.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly, including undertaking recruitment and coordinating training as required to expand the sales program.
Demonstrate corporate responsibility.
- Always act in a manner consistent with the CLIENT’s values.
- Comply with the CLIENT’s standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
- Represent CLIENT in public and official forums, functions and joint ventures as required.
Within the context of the main responsibilities and accountabilities of the role, the employee is expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of CLIENT.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal commitment to excellent customer service.
- Applies broad-based knowledge to manage projects, account for resources and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, managing work demands and evaluating progress while remaining responsive to changing priorities.
- Works autonomously, delegating appropriately to manage workload.
- Uses initiative to develop new approaches and to encourage high-performance outcomes.
- Commitment to training staff to maximize individual and organizational goals.
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Extensive proven experience of over 5 years managing and directing a sales program, customer relationship management and achieving sales targets, particularly in a developing country at either a regional or national level.
- A qualification relevant to the work of a Sales Manager will be highly regarded.
- Should possess a valid driving license.
High level of competence in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
The deadline for submitting application documents is on September 28, 2022. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.