Capacity Development Coordinator for Macroeconomic and Investment Policies (MIP) Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives of cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the following five areas: Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; Peaceful and Inclusive Societies; Responsibility for our Planet – Climate and Energy; Digitalization and Digital Economy; and Regional Programs.
The Macroeconomic Investment Policies (MIP) project is a joint Rwandan-German Development Cooperation project implemented by GIZ, commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It contributes to the overall objective of strengthening capacities of key government and academic actors in Rwanda to shape economic and investment policies geared to pro-poor growth. The Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN) is MIP’s main counterpart.
GIZ would like to recruit the candidates for the position of Capacity Development Coordinator for Macroeconomic Investment Policies (MIP) Program.
Fixed Term: 12 months (renewable upon review)
Position: two (2)
The Capacity Development Coordinator performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
The Capacity Development Coordinator, under supervision of the MIP Project Leader, is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing capacity development programs in all five support areas of GIZ-MIP.
- Coordination with the project and partner staff to identify, implement and monitor all activities included in the capacity development programs.
- Knowledge management and learning as well as communication of best practices.
- Drafting concept notes for short-term experts and consulting firms for trainings and helping identify suitable experts.
- Maintaining contact and exchange with stakeholders.
The Capacity Development Coordinator performs the following tasks:
- Coordinate capacity development initiatives and programs that include e-learning, workshops, fellowships, scientific exchanges, and other types of training.
- Support the development and design of the training programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate participation and engagement of participants in training programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate the experts’ engagement and preparedness.
- Schedule training sessions organize information technology and other equipment, and assure compliance with sanitary measures, if needed.
Communication and networking
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the capacity development program implementation progress.
- Document learnings from program implementation, to contribute to the continuous adaptation, refinement and improvement of the capacity development programs in all support areas of GIZ-MIP.
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information with all stakeholders.
- Identify and strengthen synergies in capacity development initiatives supported by GIZ projects and other development partners.
- Work with colleagues to distil and capture good practices and lessons learnt.
- Disseminate best practices in learning through communications and reporting.
- Inform of and share information on relevant capacity development policies and strategies.
Another duties/additional task
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
Qualifications and professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public policy, International relations, Education, Social sciences and similar;
- Experience of at least five years in a similar position in public sector or donor organization
- Professional experience in project management, capacity development, educational programs, or other related area.
- Excellent grasp and experience of innovative learning and development methods.
- Good knowledge of e-learning platforms and practices.
Other knowledge and additional competences
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a good ability to build relations across teams.
- Strong analytical, synthesis, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 17th October 2022 at 4:00 PM by e-mail to email@example.com. All attachments should be put together in one PDF file not larger than 2 MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application.
Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ reserves all rights!