Advert – Finance Officer
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
This position is also responsible for the day to day financial processing, monthly processes, and inventory and balance sheet reconciliations for the country office. This includes maintaining the strongest financial controls, keeping approved documentation (receipts, bank transactions, vouchers) on file, recording transactions according to SCI guidelines, producing monthly reports as required, and assuring adequate cash flow for the country office.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/finance or equivalent. Professional Accounting qualification a must
- At least 3 years’ experience working in accounting (not-for-profit accounting preferred)
- Computer fluency; highly competent using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications.
- Familiarity with computerised accounting systems
- Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinise with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to handle challenging workload.
- The highest level of integrity and commitment to prevent corruption.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all departments in the Regional.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel to the Country Offices for training, support and
- Experience working with colleagues based in complex country contexts would be an asset.
- Local or international accounting qualification (completed or part-completed) desired.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th October 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*