Open to Internal and External Candidates
|IOM Kigali, Rwanda
|General Service Staff, Grade G3 (UN salary Scale for GS staff)
|Type of Appointment
|One Year fixed term, Twelve (12) months with possibility of extension
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
|20 October 2022
|VN2022/20 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO), the incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Act as Operator primarily responsible of answering the telephone, screen and refer calls, take messages as appropriate; fill out appropriate forms in response to callers’ requests for specific information and forward to relevant departments for action,
- Greet visitors and present a positive image of IOM; answer routine questions and provide a variety of information with regard to distributing bulletins, brochures and other project-related material. Provide information on IOM programmes, focal points and direct in case of programmatic response needs.
- Mail information packets upon request; compile lists and/or tabulate cumulative data for regular or special reports; ensure IOM information materials are available for visitors; restock as necessary.
- Receive/ record/dispatch mail and documents; maintain records and file copies of scanned, email cover page & letters.
- In Coordination with the HRO, Head of unit, assist for recruitment process for all national positions including non-staff.
- Assist to prepare and submit separation process to PAC for clearance.
- As per the organization’s rules, maintain personnel filing for all staff as well as file confidential documents.
- Assist to monitor and update staff’s leave records with accuracy such as timekeeping (Annual Leave, certified/uncertified sick leave, BL/PL, Check computation of overtime) for national staff.
- In coordination with Finance Unit, process PR/RFP for daily staff/non-staff..
- Draft letters, such as letter for visa, entry authorization, letter for bank account.
- Carry out e-filing in the system.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience; or
- High School/Certificate in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
- Prior experience in usage of HR Information Systems or Database required knowledge of SAP an added advantage.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, excel, Power point, outlook) internet and E-mail.
- Able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English and French is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Delivering results: Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Accountability: Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Communication: Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.