Health Poverty Action, known as Health Unlimited prior to 2010, is an International NGO founded in the UK in 1984
HPA has been working in Rwanda since 1998, implemented various projects focusing on community health education through radio, EC-funded SRH and poverty reduction programme, Girls’ Education Challenge, youth employment, youth sexual and reproductive health including sexual violence (Irish Aid), WASH (water and sanitation) project, reproductive health behavior change communications and recently the GBV prevention and response project,
The Gender-Based Violence Survivor’s Economic Empowerment Project will provide 3,150 GBV survivors with employability skills and placement across Five districts countrywide. HPA will use a series of inclusive innovations that will invite more GBV survivors to participate in Rwanda’s historic transformation, including women,men, and youth, HPA will offer multiple program pathways including Work Ready Now and your Own Boss, employment preparation; andcontinuation onto additional Job placement in different tea estates of Western Province.
Health Poverty Action is currently looking for experienced one Finance Assistant to support the existing staff during the project implementation:
Finance Assistant (volunteer)
Reporting to: Finance Manager;
Contract duration: 1 year;
One Finance assistant will be based in Kigali, she/he will be in charge of keeping track of the organization’s finances,
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all-inclusive):
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes;
- Regularly track the budget
- Contribute to financial audits.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Prepare invoices.
Required Qualifications and skills for Finance Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field;
- Knowledge and capacity on budget tracking
- Knowledge to use different accounting software,
- Knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, and a copy of the degree(s)/Certificate(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 14th of October,4:30 pm Kigali time. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 06thOctober 2022
By Maurice Nizeyimana
HPA Country Director