The Embassy of the United States of America in Kigali is happy to announce its local
internship program designed to provide Rwandan students with a unique opportunity
to work at the U.S. Embassy Kigali.
The U.S. Embassy would like to highlight that this internship program is an unpaid
program; as such, there are no financial benefits attached and no compensation.
Additionally, no future employment guarantees, or privileges will arise from an
intern’s participation in this program. Please see below open internship vacancies.
Internship Opportunity Information:
1. GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE DIGITAL PROJECTS INTERN
Description of duties: The intern will be tasked with creating an inventory of loanable
property items for the warehouse team to publicize the items available to the embassy
community. This will include setting up and photographing loanable property,
counting items, and compiling all information in a PDF document for publishing. The
intern will also be responsible for taking photos and video of embassy residences.
The intern may be asked to create video montages with their photos or may be tasked
with creating PDF documents containing pictures and information about U.S.
Skills required: Video production and digital editing and picture taking/editing
experience, along with digital document creation
Language level required: Fluency in English and good working knowledge of
- At least 18 years old at the start of participation in the program.
- A citizen or permanent legal resident of Rwanda.
- Meet the definition of a student as defined in 5 CFR § 308.101: “Student is an individual who is enrolled not less than half-time in a high school*, trade school, technical or vocational institute, junior college, college, university or other accredited educational institution.”
- Student applicants are subject to personnel security investigations and be able to obtain a public trust security clearance level.
- Application procedure:
- Submit an online application: U.S. Embassy Kigali Foreign Service National Internship Program Application
- Applications must include an official transcript illustrating good academic standing.
- Proof of enrollment from an Educational institution.
- Any additional documentation (CV, references, letter of recommendation, etc.)
The deadline to apply is October 21, 2022. ONLY applications submitted through the online application form will be accepted by Human Resources Office. All supporting documents must be uploaded for an applicant to be considered.
U.S. Embassy Kigali provides reasonable accommodation as needed to persons with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact the U.S. Embassy’s Human Resources Office at HRKigali@state.gov for assistance.
Find details in the