The Embassy of the United States of America in Kigali is happy to announce its local
internship program designed to provide Rwandan students with a unique opportunity
to work at the U.S. Embassy Kigali.
The U.S. Embassy would like to highlight that this internship program is an unpaid
program; as such, there are no financial benefits attached and no compensation.
Additionally, no future employment guarantees, or privileges will arise from an
intern’s participation in this program. Please see below open internship vacancies.
HVAC TECHNICIAN INTERN
Description of duties: The intern will participate in hands-on installation and repairs
to the HVAC and other building mechanical systems including, but not limited to,
chillers, large central air handling units, packaged A/C units, filtration cabinets and
compartments, fan coil units, variable air volume (VAV) units, supply and return
HVAC ductwork, fresh air intake systems, evaporator coils, reheat coils, condensing
units, humidifiers, manual and motorized valves, chilled water piping, circulation
pumps, condensate pumps, damper motors, gravity and motorized dampers, variable
frequency drive (VFD), and HVAC water treatment systems.
Finally, the intern will participate in preventive maintenance on Embassy HVAC
Skills required: Mechanical ventilation (HVAC) educational background.
Language level required: Basic knowledge of English and fluency in Kinyarwanda
Eligibility criteria are as follow:
- At least 18 years old at the start of participation in the program.
- A citizen or permanent legal resident of Rwanda.
- Meet the definition of a student as defined in 5 CFR § 308.101: “Student is an individual who is enrolled not less than half-time in a high school*, trade school, technical or vocational institute, junior college, college, university or other accredited educational institution.”
- Student applicants are subject to personnel security investigations and be able to obtain a public trust security clearance level.
- Submit an online application: U.S. Embassy Kigali Foreign Service National Internship Program Application
- Applications must include an official transcript illustrating good academic standing.
- Proof of enrollment from an Educational institution.
- Any additional documentation (CV, references, letter of recommendation, etc.)
The deadline to apply is October 21, 2022. ONLY applications submitted through the online application form will be accepted by Human Resources Office. All supporting documents must be uploaded for an applicant to be considered.
U.S. Embassy Kigali provides reasonable accommodation as needed to persons with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact the U.S. Embassy’s Human Resources Office at HRKigali@state.gov for assistance.
Find details in the Call for Application.