Terms of Reference: Administrative Assistant
Position Overview: King Faisal Hospital Rwanda Foundation is recruiting six (6) Administrative Assistants, who will be seconded to King Faisal Hospital Rwanda. The Administrative Assistants are integral members of the departmental teams and are responsible for the day-to-day logistics. They will coordinate patient selection procedures and student rotations, schedule meetings, liaise with external faculty teams, and ensure proper record keeping within the unit. Furthermore, s/he will support in the development of departmental policies and procedures and ensure that they are both in place and upheld.
The administrative assistants will be assigned to departments, including internal medicine (1), pediatrics (1), obstetrics and gynecology (1), radiology (1), surgery (1), and specialized medical services (1).
Contract Duration: One-year with the possibility of renewal
Reports to: Heads of Departments
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure administrative coordination across the department’s activities at KFH
- Coordinate logistics for visiting faculty teams coming to KFH to provide clinical care and training
- Support in the development of departmental policies and procedures
- Facilitate the coordination of student rotations in the department
- Develop and manage communication workflows with the KFH team, other referral hospitals, and visiting teams
- Serve as an executive assistant to the Head of Department, including scheduling meetings and managing the day-to-day schedule
- Schedule meetings, take minutes, and other administrative functions
- Any other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health, education, or relevant field required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a hospital setting or health sciences academic institution
- Project management and/or administrative coordination experience
- Highly diplomatic with the ability to collaborate well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kinyarwanda; French language skills an added benefit
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 23:59 CAT.