Vacancy announcement Advisor as Communication Specialist for The Digital Transformation Center
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years.
The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development.
To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Digital Transformation Center Rwanda (DigiCenter) promotes digital transformation in Rwanda and is an important bridge between the public and the private sector, academia and civil society. The center is funded and run by GIZ’ Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development (DSSD) Program.
GIZ Rwanda is currently looking for a Communication Specialist integrated at the Digital Transformation Center and the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
The Communication Specialist performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Developing and updating the vision for the communication strategy of the DigiCenter to make it an established player of digital transformation strategies
- Driving marketing and communication strategies for the DigiCenter from concept through to execution
- Building and sustaining strong ties between the DigiCenter and its partners within the local innovation ecosystem
- Developing and delivering creative marketing and communication campaigns, plans and approaches for the projects supported and hosted by the DigiCenter.
- Handling PR work of the DigiCenter and the DSSD program.
- Developing a communication and marketing plan for the DigiCenter and the DSSD program, promoting events for the tech-ecosystem, ongoing activities and digital solutions.
- Support community and events advisor in the design and implementation of workshops, seminars and other public events.
- Support the production of promotional material and content for both the DigiCenter and the DSSD program.
- Create and manage social media content and accounts, respectively.
- Identifying and communicating on local interests and efforts towards digital transformation and enhance learning and dialogue within the community for the benefit of the DSSD program and its partners.
- Plan and implement direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalisation of messages and measurability, data analysis, customer profiling and segmentation.
- Developing ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures, in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation of DSSD goals and indicators.
C. Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- Masters/MSc or BSc in Marketing and Communications, ICT or other related to the DSSD programme objectives, with a focus on institutional development, ICT and community/brand building.
- At least 3-5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Excellent knowledge of the local innovation ecosystem, experience with local and/or continental innovation hubs and ICT start-ups.
- Experience in working with technology developers and user communities.
- Use of innovative technologies for communication and marketing purposes.
- Interest and understanding of sustainable development and SDG’s.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good communication, presentation and networking skills.
- Proactive and innovative in the development and implementation of ideas and proposals.
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda. French or German would be an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, resume (not more than 2 pages), references, certificates, previous design work); until 30th November, 2022 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application.
Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights