Under direct supervision and guidance of the Director General of Budget Management and Reporting, the Budget management and reporting officer will be responsible of the following:
1. Monitor, guide and support budget preparation and ensure quality of budget execution reports.
– Support the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual budget execution reports in conformity with OBL and other laws;
– Support and guide the preparation of the annual budget and MTEF for Central Government budget agencies under their portfolio;
– Monitor the budget implementation in line with agreed cash flow plans and priority expenditures for agencies under their portfolio;
– Advise the management on issues related to budget preparation and implementation
– Analyze the budget reallocation requests from Budget agencies under his/her portfolio to recommend appropriate actions
– Support the preparation of the budget analysis reports requested by the Treasury Management Committee
– Prepare the necessary information that form the background for the budget revision for budget agencies under his/her portfolio and any additional budget requests during budget execution
– Prepare the extra budgetary information for budget agencies under his/her portfolio with implication on implementation of the national budget;
– Provide technical support to budget agencies under his/her portfolio to prepare and implement their budgets.
– Follow up with budget agencies and consolidate quarterly performance reports under budget agencies of their focus
2. Participate in different reviews and provide requested data.
– Participate in the organization of Public expenditures reviews and surveys;
– Participate in the Joint Sector Reviews and disseminating the budget expenditures data requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelors in Project Management0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance0 Year of relevant experience
- Public Finance0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with specialization in Finance0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with specialization in accounting0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Resource management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Time management skills
- Risk management skills
- Results oriented
- Digital literacy skills
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage
- Creative, proactive, customer focused, solutions led and outcome driven
- Knowledge in Budget Analysis, Fiscal Decentralization, Project Management and data analysis, reporting, budgeting