Under direct supervision and guidance of Deputy Accountant General/ DG Public Account, the public accountant officer will be responsible of the following:
1. Provide technical support and advice to Budget Agencies
– Liaise with Budget Agency management in preparing GoR Financial Statements and verifying their timeliness, completeness and
accuracy of financial reports,
– Guide step by step assigned portfolio in implementation of International Public sector standards
– Review of financial Statements for assigned Budget Agencies and ensure timely provision of quality review feedback,
– Monitor and support audit process of assigned entities and ensure issues noted are resolved and recommendations
2. Train and Coach Budget Agency personnel
– Provide induction and reinforcement training to Budget Agency personnel in public finance management and accounting tools
and software such as IFMIS,
– Support and take active role in the preparation of public finance reforms and documents and ensure its dissemination to users in
Central Government Agencies, Local Government and Public Institutions.
– Ensuring that financial and accounting arrangements in Ministries/Districts/Agencies are adequate and effective and
performance of PFM staff of assigned portfolio is satisfactory
3. Consolidate financial reports.
– Prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual consolidation dashboards of financial information for assigned portfolio.
– Monitor accountability issues of assigned portfolio and ensure these are resolved in reasonable time.
– Maintaining the accounting records of assigned portfolios.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting0 Year of relevant experienceBachelor’s Degree in Finance0 Year of relevant experience
- Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and financial data reporting
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Time management skills
- Risk management skills
- Results oriented
- Digital literacy skills
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of finance principles
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Technical accounting skills