ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCES JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking to employ an HR assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. An HR assistant is expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills. You must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize to a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, HR assistants should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, familiarity with HR software and payroll and benefits administration. Top candidates will be superb at problem-solving, efficient in scheduling, and precise in the recruitment process.
To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, you should also hold an HR-related degree and have some experience in our industry. You should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
HR Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Maintain calendars of the HR management team.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Schedule and Coordinate HR projects meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas and take minutes.
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assists the HR Manager with employment actions, including discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Manages daily aspects of the department and its staff to ensure projects are completed and goals are met.
- Drafts, submits, and presents various performance and management reports.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations, manages conflicts and resolves complaints about or within the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Assistant HR Requirements and skills:
- Proven 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant, Staff Assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular)
- Basic knowledge of labor laws and employment equity regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and present ideas, reports, and budgets in various formats.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to assign and delegate tasks.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
Please note that the deadline to receive application submissions is on 30th December 2022 and interested candidates can send their applications on this email email@example.com.