The Government of Ontario has established the Ontario Remembrance Scholarship in honour of the victims of the plane crash in Iran in January 2020. The University of Guelph will award two scholarships of $10,000 in memory of the two University of Guelph students who died in the crash, Milad Ghasemi Ariani and Ghanimat Azhdari. These scholarships will be awarded to two undergraduate students who have demonstrated academic excellence and financial need. The application is open to domestic and international students with a preference for international students.
About University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centred, our campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. We are known for excellence in the arts and sciences and for our commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens. Our students, faculty and staff pursue active inquiry and exercise creativity across a range of disciplines — physical and life sciences, arts and humanities, social sciences, business, agricultural and veterinary sciences. Known for its beautiful, safe campuses and welcoming, supportive culture, U of G…&nb…
University of Guelph Ontario Remembrance Scholarship
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation University of Guelph
- Country to study Canada
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline Not Specified
Aim and Benefits of University of Guelph Ontario Remembrance Scholarship
2 scholarships of $10,000 each, split into two equal payments for the fall and winter semesters
Requirements for University of Guelph Ontario Remembrance Scholarship Qualification
1. Registered in an undergraduate degree program in a minimum of 1.5 credits in each of the fall and winter semesters at the University of Guelph
2. Demonstrated financial need (as determined through the submission of a Financial Need Assessment Form)
3. Minimum 70% cumulative average
4. Completed a minimum of 5.0 credits at the time of application
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Guelph Ontario Remembrance Scholarship
Student who demonstrated financial need (as determined through the submission of a Financial Need Assessment Form)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Guelph on www.uoguelph.ca to applyPlease submit the following completed documents to Student Financial Services by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. This Ontario Remembrance Scholarship Application Form.
2. The appropriate Financial Need Assessment Form, available on the Student Financial Services website.
If you have already submitted the form for Fall/Winter 2022-23, you do not need to resubmit it.
For more details visit: University of Guelph website