University of Sheffield delighted to offer 75 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships in 2023. The scholarship is available for new international students who meet the eligibility criteria.
You must hold an offer to study at the University of Sheffield before you apply for this scholarship.
About University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield developed from three local institutions: the Sheffield School of Medicine, Firth College and the Sheffield Technical School. The School of Medicine, founded 1828, was by far the oldest. Its early history was very insecure and it was saved from collapse by the opening of Firth College, which took over the teaching of all basic science subjects to medical students.
International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation University of Sheffield
- Country to study United Kingdom
- School to study University of Sheffield
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline April 24, 2023
Aim and Benefits of International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree programme starting in autumn 2023.
Requirements for International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship Qualification
- Your programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in autumn 2023.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1 or year 2.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for this or any other undergraduate scholarship.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
Interview date, Process and Venue for International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they have applied for.
- Applicant has a strong academic profile.
April 24, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Sheffield on finance.ssid.shef.ac.uk to applyFor more details, visit University of Sheffield website.