Technical Advisor Local Implementation for Waste Management and Circular Economy for “Support for sustainable waste management and the circular economy in Rwanda” Programme
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives of cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the following five areas: Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; Peaceful and Inclusive Societies; Responsibility for our Planet – Climate and Energy; Digitalization and Digital Economy; and Regional Programs.
The Project “Support for sustainable waste management and the circular economy in Rwanda” is working in the core area of “Responsibility for our planet – climate and energy, just transition” The project is building the capacity of public and private actors in the inclusive, climate-smart waste management (WM) and circular economy (CE) sector through technical, organisational and in-process consulting. The results that we are striving for are 1. The empowerment for the implementation of WM and CE capacity of state institutions 2. The enablement of private enterprises to adopt WM and CE approaches and to find new business opportunities as well as to improve the access of SME to finance for investing into sustainable business ideas and 3. Introduce strategies and plans for circularity in the waste management sector in a satellite city.
GIZ would like to recruit the candidates for the position of Technical Advisor “Local Implementation for Waste Management and Circular Economy” for “Support for sustainable waste management and the circular economy in Rwanda” Programme.
Fixed Term: 12 months (renewable upon review)
The Technical Advisor “Local Implementation for Waste Management and Circular Economy” performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
Support of local implementation of innovative waste management approaches and circular economy, specifically supporting local pilots for realizing up-to-date waste management and circular economy structures, adopting innovative approaches for organic waste fractions and reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from the waste management sector.
- managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- processing technical aspects and providing knowledge support specifically on the areas of waste management and circular economy
- further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts
- coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities and carries out, monitor and evaluate activities required for implementation,
- is jointly responsible with the partner and cooperating institutions for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities
- plans and helps synchronize the planning and budgeting system, contributes to project documentations, reporting and presentations
- develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders, provides technical assistance to local and international experts
- ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs, private sector and society
- helps identify local interests and efforts, embedding innovative approaches into local context and encourages sharing ideas and information
- perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
Qualifications and professional experience
- Masters/MSc in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field
- 5 years of professional experience, at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge and additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent written and profound oral knowledge of English
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 19th December 2022 at 5:00 PM by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments should be put together in one PDF file not larger than 2 MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,Rwanda
GIZ reserves all rights!