– Administer training and staff development programs for science and Math teachers,
– Design teacher development and training programs and materials for sciences and mathematics subjects and train teachers,
– Develop science teacher training strategies and work plans,
– Ensure activities for in-service training in science and mathematics subjects undertaken by different providers are complementary and mutually supportive,
– Design and implement monitoring and evaluation exercise for science teacher training activities;
– Maintain regular communication with district education officers, school heads, science and mathematics inspectors, science curricular developer and teacher training colleges for the purpose of planning, monitoring and troubleshooting;
– Write and present projects to mobilize funds for science training;
– Analyze inspectorate reports and other reports on science teaching and suggest appropriate interventions for training related matters;
– Ensure timely production and submission of all reports and other monitoring data for all science training activities;
– Carry out periodic science training needs assessment;
– Evaluate the impact of science training and development activities;
– Evaluate teacher training materials from districts and schools.
– Organize science fairs and tournaments for science teachers.
-Any other assignment given by the hierarchy
– Accountable to the Director of Teacher Training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics with Education0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in physics with Education0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Familiarity with conflicts resolution or arbitration is an added value
- Decision making skills
- Leadership skills
- Digital literacy skills
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage