To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Finance Manager Role
To provide accounting and administrative supervision to Urwego’s finance function ensuring effective, efficient, high-quality accounting & budgeting services, timely reporting and compliance to timelines and regulations.
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Finance|
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines;
- Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
- Provide support towards the fulfillment of Urwego’s Spiritual Integration (SI) objectives.
Relationship Building and Management
- Intentionally invest in building strong, God-honoring relationships with the Urwego leadership and staff;
- Facilitate meaningful connections between Urwego Head Office and the Branch Network HOPE to strengthen financial operations; and
- In all the above, ensure that relationships are marked by Urwego Christ-centered values.
Finance Department Daily Activities
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Review all transaction to ensure value for money for all transactions of the Bank and advise management accordingly
Financial Reporting Process
- Ensure accuracy of transactions underlying financial reporting and conduct variances analysis to confirm reasonableness and accuracy of balance on GL accounts;
- Coordinate General ledger reconciliations process and manage ageing of Account receivable and Account payable;
- Verify accuracy and fairness of financial reports before they are submitted to stakeholders;
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports in IFRS formats to be audited and submitted to regulators and other stakeholders;
- Preparing month end reports to management including profit and loss statements, statement of financial position;
- Oversee compliance with laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures in the discharge of daily operations of finance unit;
- Coordinate year end closing activities and ensure timely submission of financial to auditors to meet various deadlines;
- Review grant schedules and reports to donors;
- Review branch profitability reports before submission to various branches;
- Review data integrity activities and ensure appropriate actions to resolve data and reporting issues;
- Review budget execution reports and recommend actions for reported variances;
Audit and Clearance Processes
- Coordinate external and internal audit activities;
- Assist and guide clearance of all queries raised by external as well as internal auditors;
Internal Controls & Financial Reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Propose perceived internal controls deficiency to finance director for improvements;
- Review and recommend changes in policies and procedures that will improve financial performance;
Urwego Management Representation
- Actively participate in all management meetings and trainings;
- Timely and accurate performance for the Finance Team;
- Show hospitality to visitors and stakeholders;
- Maximization of data accuracy;
- Excellent mathematical skills;
- Excellent skills in use of spreadsheet including masterly of excel;
- Skilled at strictly adherence to deadlines;
- Proactive and able to work under pressure;
- Readiness to perform any other duties as assigned;
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related disciplines;
- Should hold ACCA or CPA qualification;
- Be capable of maintaining strong internal controls in the course of duty discharge to prevent financial, legal, operational, and other perceivable risks;
- Have a strong mastery of accounting principles, concepts that maximize integrity of financial records and maintain strong internal controls;
- Having experience in auditing is an added advantage;
- Be capable of maintaining professional and technical knowledge by keeping current with financial manual, BNR regulations, procurement policy, and latest development in IFRS and other best practices;
- Be result oriented and live Christians values of humility and customer care to mention but a few;
- Be team player and good at building and developing teams;
- A good communicator;
- Excellent skills in use of spreadsheet mainly excel;
- Be deadline-oriented, great attention to details and readiness to work under pressure;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th January 2023 at 5pm.
Send the documents as one folder and in the subject line, fill in the position of Finance Manager;
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Notarized Academic Documents and certificates.
- Proof of ACCA or CPA completion
- Recommendation from your Church.
- Statement of Faith.
- Criminal Record Form
- National ID.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Done at Kigali on 23rd December 2022
Human Resource Manager