Internship Title: Field Recovery Representative Intern
Position(s): Twenty (20)
Job Grade: N/A
Reporting to: Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator
Department: Customer Finance
Zonal Locations: Central, Coastal, Lake, Northern, and Southern Highlands
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), over 1.9 million customers, and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
- The Field Recovery Intern (Representative) is responsible for the general overseeing, monitoring, and field visitation for recovery activities.
- He/she is also responsible for customer verification on all credit-related issues regarding enforcing and/or verifying loan repayment/field visitations done.
- Ensure timely and effective execution of all assigned field visits i.e., full repayment of arrears.
- Ensure effective monitoring of all the visits assigned to CAs.
- Act as a contact between the Zonal Filed Monitoring Coordinator, RBE, Recovery Team, Assessment Team at NH, Telesales Team, and CAs per assigned hub regarding portfolio monitoring
- Analyzing payment sources received as a complicated scenario from CAs and customers and advising accordingly.
- Ensure all assigned POR cases are given high priority, attended on time and appropriate solutions are offered.
- Ensure that all visits per hub come with desired credit solutions including collections, loan rescheduling, ownership change, Extension of Grace Period, or exceptional repossession & promos to conduct from time to time in collaboration with Marketing.
- Ensure that all repossessions are in compliance with the repossession’s procedures.
- Ensure close follow-up and monitoring of all customer complaints related to customer cases and maintenance issues in the hub.
- Ensure market study per hub to find out the nature of payment patterns, and how seasonality affects the various customer segments in the area and offer proper recommendations to Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator and Assessment Manager to stimulate smooth customer payments.
- Advising Regional Business Executive (RBE)/Zonal Field Monitoring Coordinator (ZFMC) on different issues affecting portfolio performance in the respective District/Region
- Responsible for management of repossession stock as well as defaulting repossessed systems in the database.
- Responsible for following up on all customer assessment appeal cases and any other case that may require field visit verification.
- Ensure calls follow up for overdue customers at least bi-weekly.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be assigned by the Line Management.
- A minimum holder of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Economics, or any other related field.
- Previous experience in microfinance, banking, or renewable energy business dealing with loans.
- Good level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure, and cash flow patterns of rural and peri-urban households and micro-enterprises in different regions, including farmers, animal breeders, business owners, and employees
- Previous experience in a business dealing with loans is an added advantage.
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Proven ability to analyze larger sets of data and strong attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, particularly good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter with a passion for ENGIE Energy Access Tanzania and its mission.
- Passion to work with ENGIE Mobisol UK Limited.
- Team player
- Demonstrated ability to execute key duties
- Humility, honesty & flexibility
How to Apply:
- Click this link to do a 10-minute quiz!
- Then come back here to complete your application
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!