WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant – G5
No of Openings: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term (FT)
Position Grade: G-5
Unit/Division: Human Resources
Duration: 1 year (renewable) depending on performance and availability of funds
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Closing Date: 26th October 2023
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Headquarters (HQ). The job holders report to an HR Officer or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client- focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
1. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
3. Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e., payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information to enable timely HR services.
4. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements to support analysis and reporting needs.
5. Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
6. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
7. Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g., employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
8. Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g., contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
9. Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has managed and implemented HR policy and procedures in line with WFPs operating standards.
• Has conducted specific HR Services activities such as payroll administration, aspects of recruitment and interviews administration.
• Has provided ad-hoc guidance to less experienced staff members.
• Has provided briefing to new recruits as part of the onboarding process.
• Has gained experience working across a range of WFP contexts and with varying strategic priorities.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Education: First university degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or related field
Experience: 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
26th October 2023