at Irembo Ltd
Kigali – Rwanda
Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products to ease the accessibility of services in users’ everyday lives worldwide, starting with Rwanda. Our pioneer product, IremboGov, has enabled Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services online through a one-stop-shop platform. To date, we have made over 20M+ transactions through our platforms. We have ambitious goals to scale our technology worldwide to enable more governments and institutions to serve their citizens better. More information is available on irembo.com.
About You and The Role:
You will be responsible for creating a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration. You will also be responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the platform.
What you will do:
- Collaborate closely with product developers to ensure the designed solution responds to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Work with release engineers to ensure the software delivery pipeline is as efficient as possible.
- Ensure on-call monitoring duties and develop systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance.
- Drive high reliability into systems by working closely with software development and IT operations teams.
- Be involved in monitoring releases and successfully deploying them, keeping the SDI buzzing
- Spend a considerable amount of time fixing cases related to support escalation.
- Implement strategies that increase system reliability and performance through on-call rotation and process optimization.
- Improve collaborative response in real-time, besides updating documentation, runbook tools, and modules to ready teams for incidents.
- Ensure incident reviewing and documentation of findings to enable informed decision-making.
You will be a good ﬁt if:
- Have a solid foundation in both software and systems engineering and a strong incentive for improving and automating.
- Be a champion of change within the DevOps culture.
- Always investigate reliability or performance issues, leveraging tools to automate scanning and monitoring.
- Act as a translator, taking business requirements and turning them into technical implementations.
- Be able to analyze metrics around availability, mean time failures, and mean time to repair and develop new KPIs when necessary.
- Should have strong knowledge of operating systems, networks, virtualization, and CI/CD pipeline tools.
- Be able to communicate and collaborate with the rest of the team.
Benefits and Compensation
Employee savings plan.
- A voluntary saving scheme plan where the company matches your savings up to 5% of your Net salary.
Mental health Support.
- Access to mental health support and therapy sessions with licensed therapists through a renowned mental wellness platform.
- Medical cover for you and your family includes access to dental care, ophthalmology services, maternity, chronic diseases, congenital malformation, and more in Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, and India. Note that, as required by the law, a 10% co-pay is required from the employee on outpatient services only.
Learning and development (L&D).
- We encourage self-driven professionals who want to learn and grow their knowledge and experience. A budget is allocated to you to access your professional development opportunities.
- Breakfast, lunch, and beverages (tea, coffee) at work.
- Annual fitness membership at pre-selected good-quality facilities across Kigali.
- Interest-free salary advances.
- Annual paid leave – 21 days.
- Annual performance bonus based on performance and company profitability.
- 13th cheque equal to your net salary paid in December based on the joining date.
- Hybrid work Policy and flexible hours.
Please note that the salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. We’re on a mission to change our continent through technology and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.
Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda.